Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Opposite of a Palate Cleanser

So far, 7 days into the new year, I've definitely been doing well on one of my resolutions.  Arguably, it's the most important resolution, too, you know, the one to stay positive?  I'm really proud of myself!  The other resolutions are still very much a work in progress, but at least they're in progress and not just over.  Did you set goals for the new year?  How are you fairing?

Tonight's post is a bit of a blast from the past as I took these photos last summer when my nails were long but my skin was wicked dry.  Do your best, if you can, to ignore the dry skin.  Aaaaand ignore the old lighting setup that pulls a little more yellow than my current setup.  Ok, now that we've got all of these things out in the open, let's take a look at the juicy gloriousness that is Girly Bits Jelly Shoes!


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: Hot pink with a blue flash.
Finish: Jelly – a squishy and translucent finish that reminds me of jelly shoes...  That's my normal description of jellies, and it's so apropos for this polish!
Bottle / Brush: Round bottle – the brush and wand are the standard width and length.  Easy to control and manipulate.
Opacity: Low – it requires several coats for opacity, but you'll never really get rid of visible nail line.  Here, I've used three coats, and you can still see VNL.


Glitter Application: N/A
Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.  Looks streaky at first, but builds up nicely.


Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well without much manipulation.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.



Overall Thoughts: This is my go-to hot pink.  I don't care if it's a jelly.  Hell, it's especially my go-to for jelly sandwiches!  You can find it all over the blog, but this is the first time I've had a review of Jelly Shoes on its own.  As you can see, in three coats, it still shows visible nail lines, but if you're looking for a good jelly, you really can't beat this perfect Girly Bits.  It applies smoothly, dries quickly, builds up nicely, and works amazingly for jelly sandwiches.  The Girly Bits site is down right now, so I can't tell you if this or any of the other Slapdash Collection from last summer are still available, but I hope they are!  This is probably my favorite full indie collection ever.  I purchased the whole set when they came out, and I've used them a ton.  They are so versatile and pretty with unique flashes and shimmer combinations.  Perfect for summer or for when you need a pop of bright color during the dreary cold.

You can purchase Girly Bits at her storeLlaroweOverall Beauty, Harlow and Co., and Mei Mei's Signatures.  Follow the lovely Pam on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram for news and updates on additions to her line of gorgeous polishes.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

No comments:

Post a Comment