Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm Back!!!


Sorta.  Hopefully.  We'll see.  The evil project of death, doom, and destruction is still going on, but I think I'll now have a little bit of time to blog again!  Hoooooooray!!!!!  Tonight, we're going to look at the much sought after Hare Burry the Hatchetfish.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: Neutral/tan with blue, green, and pink iridescent glitters.
Finish: Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.


Bottle / Brush: Round bottle brush (i.e. Seche Vite) – standard width and length.  Easy to control and manipulate.
Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four thick coats.


Glitter Application: Medium – requires the dab method, but spreads evenly.
Consistency: Super thick – no amount of polish thinner will help this polish.  It is extremely thick and clumpy.  Has a snot like consistency.  Sometimes, these types of polishes require you to use a bunch of polish on your brush in order to get the polish on your nail at all.  Then, it’s just a thick clump on your nail that will bubble.


Overall Ease of Application: Impossible – Is so thick that it’s almost impossible to spread.  Clumps from the thickness.  Develops bubbles because it is so thick.  Looks almost like you have on six layers when you only have on three.  Also, because of the thickness, it will almost always shrink once you add a quick dry topcoat.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping.


Dry Time: Long – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in over 8 minutes.Overall Thoughts: I really wanted to love this polish.  So many people were all about it, so I thought I'd grab one to give it a shot.  Yeah.  Bad idea.  While it looks nice, it was a massive pain to apply.  It was already thick when I opened it, so I added some thinner and let it sit.  It was still pretty difficult to apply after thinner.  After the first coat, it was clumping up around the lip of the bottle.  That transferred onto the nail in clumps that were difficult to spread.  As you can see, the polish is built up on my nail in a pretty unattractive way.  I hate that this polish was such a pain.  I'm planning to give it another shot at some point, but I'm not sure if I'll ultimately keep it.  Sorry I'm coming back with a negative review!  Tomorrow will be good, I promise!

You can purchase Hare at her store and on Llarowe.  Follow Hare on Facebook.

Do you have a polish that is so thick that you just can't wear it?

5 comments:

  1. I loved my Mentality polish the first time I used it but when I went to wear it again a few weeks later, it had thickened up considerably. I was very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I hate thick goopy stuff! I still think the worst polish I own is Julep O Canada. It's so pretty but I hate it so much, I've used it 2 times. Seriously, they should have named it Goop :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got a fluke bottle because I wore this last weekend and it wasn't gloppy at all, applied like a dream. It's subtly gorgeous too. Contact Hare (or llarowe if you bought it through them) and see what can be done to help?

    ReplyDelete