Monday, March 4, 2013

Phoning it in...

I hated the thought of not getting a post up tonight, so I'm going to do a quick one.  The pics are from last summer, so my nails and cuticles aren't in the best shape.  Nor, apparently, are my photography skills...  In fact, this was taken just after a pretty gnarly couple of breaks on my swatch hand.  Anyway, here's my super quick review of Color Club Fashion Addict.



Color: Pale purple/lilac/lavender holographic.
Finish: Holographic – pigment gives polish a rainbow in the light.
Bottle / Brush: Color Club – square bottle is not too hard to hold.  The wand length and brush are average.  Easy application.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.
Glitter Application: N/A
Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application: Difficult – applies with some dragging, streaking, and balding.  Spreads well with manipulation.  Requires quick work to get a smooth result.
Stampability: Not tested for stamping.


Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.

Overall Thoughts: While Fashion Addict is a pretty color, it isn't unique.  The holo effect is more scattered than linear, which is pretty, but definitely not my favorite.  I also feel that the color isn't even as nice as other light purple holographics available.  If you're looking for a light purple holo, I'd go with Color Club Cloud Nine, which has a seriously stunning rainbow.  It applies well, but the rainbow isn't very strong.  The color's also a little dingy.  Is that the right word?  It's not vibrant, it isn't bright, and it's almost got a dusty quality to it.  I purchased my Fashion Addict at a salon, but I have also found them at Bed Bath and Beyond.  It's a cheaper alternative to other holos, but I would honestly say that it's worth paying the couple of extra dollars for a brighter holo with a more vivid color.

I apologize for phoning it in tonight.  It's been a long day.  I know I promised to announce winners for the Untried Parade and the Reader of the Month, but I have seriously run out of time today.  Work has been ridiculous, but I'll make time to tally up everything tomorrow.  Thanks for your patience!!

What's the cheapest awesome holo you own?

1 comment:

  1. I found this awesome no name savina polish at Nordstrom Rack yesterday. A gorgeous baby blue scattered holo, and under $4. Win!

    ReplyDelete