Monday, March 18, 2013

Holiday Week: Valentine's Day v.1

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been pretty bad about posting my holiday manicures.  That being said, I thought I'd post the ones I hadn't gotten to yet this week!  Today, we're going to take a look at my first Valentine's Day manicure: Rainbow Honey Sweet Talk and Zoya Pixie Dust Chyna.


I'm going to do a typical review for Sweet Talk below.  I haven't worn Chyna properly yet, so I won't say much more than that it is gorgeous, super sparkly, and just all around awesome.  I've become smitten with the Pixie Dusts.  I wish I had more!


I used a base of RH Sweet Talk then did a couple hearts on my accent nail with Zoya Chyna.  I made the hearts and the dots using my dotting tools.  It was fairly simple to do, but I did go overboard with the dots.  See a theme?  This lasted for about 4 days before a horrible break caused me to take it off.


Now, let's review Sweet Talk!

Color: White creme base with pink shimmer and pink, aqua, and purple hexes.


Finish: Glitter Crème – glitter in a crème base.
Bottle / Brush: Round brush with round cap (i.e. Cult, Rainbow Honey, Lucky 13) – brush and wand are average giving average application.  The cap is a little hard to hold if you have problems grasping things like I sometimes do.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three coats.
Glitter Application: Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.


Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.
Overall Ease of Application: Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly.


Stampability: Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: Normally, I have the worst problem with Rainbow Honey polishes and thickness.  Sweet Talk, however, was totally different.  I did put in two or three drops of thinner, but it honestly probably didn't need it.  Application was great.  The glitters spread well.  The overall effect was nice.  I was very pleased with this Rainbow Honey!  It was the perfect sweet concoction for Valentine's Day.

You can buy Zoyas at Ulta, their site, and salons.  You can purchase Rainbow Honey at their shop.  Follow Dee and the crew on Facebook, Twitter, and IG for news and updates.

Do you do your nails for the holiday?

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

3 comments:

  1. oh what a cute mani, your hearts look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweettalk is gorgeous! Omg love your swatches <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love this mani! And no I don't really do holiday manicures. I even wore red on St Patrick's Day (which when my dad was a kid meant you got pinched because red is the color of the enemy aka England. I am running at manicures about once every 2 weeks since I started going back to school. I miss the more frequent manis!

    ReplyDelete