Friday, November 23, 2012

Fantasy Fire!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrate it, otherwise, I hope you all had a great Thursday!  It appears that this week is a multichrome week!!  With the exception of my Thanksgiving mani, at least.  Let's take a look at Max Factor Fantasy Fire, shall we?!  I received this in a swap, but it is unfortunately only available in Europe.  Another sad thing about it, it comes in a tiny bottle.  Only 9 mls versus a normal sized bottle of 15 ml.  Conservation is key here, people.



Fantasy Fire is a purple based polish that shifts between purple, gold, red, and green.  It was really uneven on application, so it needs three coats.  I only used two, and there are visible bald spots in places on my nail, which isn't really noticeable in the pictures.  This is one of those few color shifting polishes that is just as beautiful on the nail as in the bottle.  It is a near duplicate of Clarins 230 (Unicorn Pee) and Urban Decay Toxin.  Those are super hard to finds, so I don't have any to do a dupe comparison.  I can't justify spending that much on one bottle, no matter how much I want it!  So, without further ado, here is my Max Factor Fantasy Fire!

Check it out in the bottle - gorgeous color shift!



Here are a few shots at different angles to show the shift on my nails.  This is two coats over a SOG I frankened a few weeks ago (pics of that will come later).





Man, I miss my longer nails.  They are super nubs right now due to massive damage I inflicted on them from peeling polish and peeling SOGs.  Even the Rejuvacote hasn't kept them from tearing on the sides just at the free edge.  It's been very sad around here because of that.  I mean, they're so short that there isn't a free edge to be found right now.  The Rejuvacote was working wonders on the length, but I still have too much damage to keep them long for a decent amount of time.  I'm just going to have to wait until all of the damage grows out.  Le sigh.

Anyway, back to Fantasty Fire.  Here's a closeup shot to see the color a little better:



Lastly, here's a blury pic from my iphone to show what it looks like in the sun:



Do you have any of the mythical Unicorn Pee polishes (Clarins 230, Urban Decay Toxin, Girly Bits Shift Happens, Max Factor Fantasy Fire, or Nfu Oh 51)?

1 comment: